Monday, June 11, 2012

Ginger-undead-men



I got a new toy from Think Geek. It's made by Fred and is a "gingerdead" man cookie cutter. Needless to say I HAD to make cookies, ASAP. I used a pretty standard sugar cookie recipe (that is, until I got to the decorating part)

Ingredients: 
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar 
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp milk
Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough



Isn't it just adorable?!
The dough, with impression

After they were baked, I decided to spruce them up with a "zombie virus", which was some fresh squeezed lime juice and just touch of green color. After brushing it on and letting them dry, it was time to frost. I used royal icing for the bones, and a diluted red gel frosting for the "blood" splatters. The super sweet frosting mellowed out the lime and gave the cookies just the right amount of kick.







No comments:

Post a Comment