Sunday, March 18, 2012

Guuuuurl

A trip to Dick Blicks is like taking a trip to a candy store. If you've never heard to, or been to one, it's a huge art supply store, geared FOR artists. They carry EVERYTHING. I got some new Copic Multi-liners, Sakura paint pens, and these Strathmore postcards. They're made for watercolor, so the paper is beautifully textured and holds ink well. On the reverse, they are printed with address lines, an area for the stamp, and a space to write - just like a real postcard. I fell in love with the size of the 'canvas' as well as the novelty. I prefer to draw small, so 4" x 6 is perfect. 

This little cutie is the original character of a good friend of mine, Kelsey. Check out her work HERE. I met her studying abroad in Japan in 2009. She is awesome. And her art is breathtaking. She draws with such an easy-going style; she makes art look effortless while utilizing major skill. I wanted to send her a letter anyway, so when I found these postcards, I knew it was meant to be. 

Lifted from her blog
(Photo: dickblick.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment