Friday, September 17, 2010

Let me teach you how to dance...

They emerge!

This semester, I am in a Children's Art class. We learn both the developmental theory behind why children create art, but also how to teach art to children in a way that pushes their ways of thinking. (from the "comfort" to the "learning" zone, for you camp people ;-) ) We've been dealing with human proportions; our second project involves creating humans from twist-ties and candy-wrappers. 
Ballerina, close up
Of course, I couldn't be satisfied with just making one stand on two feet, so I did one that's doing a hand-stand, and a ballerina that stands, unsupported, fully dressed, on one foot.
Images © Katherine Stocking

2 comments:

  1. Aw these are so cool again, i remember when i was a kid going to the grocery store i would steal the twisty ties in the produce area. i would make mini people and leave them in the cart in order to scare other shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super cute. I would have loved to see one of them as a kid (or now, lol) just hanging out in my cart. Heehee.

      Delete